Subject: Re: [boost] BOOST_NO_CXX11_CONSTEXPR and msvc-14.0
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-23 07:22:43

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 4:57 AM, John Maddock <jz.maddock_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I've reinstated that macro in develop for now, let's revisit this when
>>> VC14 is released and we have more time to figure out the consequences of
>>> enabling constexpr support.
>>>
>>> It shipped Monday.
>>
>> See
>>
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2015/07/20/visual-studio-2015-rtm-now-available.aspx
>>
>> Also https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh567368.aspx
>>

> Thanks, got it. Just made one last tweak to Boost.Config (VC14 still
> doesn't quite handle value initialization correctly), ...

Do file a Connect bug report. Filing bug reports is much more rewarding
than it used to be - responses in days instead of years, and the roughly
quarterly updates to the production compiler mean the fixes make a real
difference. Mention that the bug is impacting Boost code, as this seems to
bump the priority up a bit.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2015/07/01/c-compiler-front-end-fixes-in-vs2015.aspx
documents 750 bug reports from users that were fixed in VC++ 2015. You will
see a lot of familiar names - Marcel Raad had an even dozen fixes, most or
all Boost related.

--Beman