Subject: [boost] Trouble with Boost.Test on ESXi
From: William Winder (wwinder.unh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-22 17:39:42

I'm using Boost.Test and Boost v1.55 to unit test an application on
Windows/Linux/ESXi. The ESXi build is done on a CentOS 5.10 machine, this
has been working well for the main application, but the Boost.Test binary
hits an assert before running any tests:

 /tmp # ./MyTests
Test setup error: system_error produced by: ::sigaltstack( 0, &sigstk ) !=
-1: Function not implemented

The "Function not implemented" problem has been a recurring problem for me
while making my application compatible with ESXi. My basic understanding
is that ESXi implements a subset of glibc.

I saw a similar issue here:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.testing/7782

I'm wondering how I can disable this assert and what the repercussions
would be.

Thanks