Subject: Re: [boost] [http] Formal review of Boost.Http
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir.prus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-17 03:18:04

On 15-Aug-15 3:19 PM, Tom Kent wrote:

>> I even tried to advertise on the front page:
>> https://boostgsoc14.github.io/boost.http/
>

> I now see the introduction that says something like 'SSL is supported'.
> This needs to be seriously expanded in the documentation. At the very
> minimum there should be an example showing how to setup a TLS connection.

+1.

I think that saying "SSL" might be confusing these days, since even the last version
called SSLv3 now is widely rejected by webservers. Saying TLS might be clearer.

And indeed, implementation example seems like a must to me. While ASIO documentation
include an example of SSL server, it's 2 pages of boilerplate, and hopefully it's not
necessary to repeat all of that if I use a library specialized for HTTP servers.

Thanks,
Volodya