Subject: Re: [boost] [iterator] Regenerating the iterator docs
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-25 10:08:06

Looks a good job to me - though it's difficult to check that nothing has been altered in the
process.

> I'd prefer we only keep one copy of the docs, preferably QuickBook, and remove the other to avoid
> the confusion.

I agree - mainly because QuickBook version is maintainable.

It would be even more maintainable if it used Doxygen-syntax comments to ensure that the synopses
are the same as the real code, even if there is maintenance work done on the header files. This
would also allow an automatic index to be prepared with no extra effort.

But this would mean copying the 'requirements' and 'effects' information into the header files by
hand. A new branch (new_docs?) would be safest?

I'm willing to tackle this if people think it worthwhile.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse