Subject: Re: [boost] [iterator] Regenerating the iterator docs
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-26 07:06:32

On 26.08.2015 13:41, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> [...]

You mean there should be tests for the documentation? I haven't seen
those yet.

If you want examples in the docs to be actual and at least compilable,
the best way to do this that I know is to make them separate .cpp files
and import into QuickBook document. Then you can add them to the test
suite (probably as compile targets rather than run).

> I am willing to do this if people think it worthwhile.

I think any work towards a single version of the docs is worthwhile.
Ideally, we should not lose information in the process, so whatever is
missing in QuickBook/Doxygen comments should be moved there. I
appreciate this is a time consuming task, so I'm grateful to anyone who
takes it.