Subject: Re: [boost] [iterator] Regenerating the iterator docs
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-26 11:52:38

Robert wrote:
> Long standing boost policy is to require HTML files. How they are
> generated has been according to the preference the author - or I guess
> the maintainer. Unless we want to change this policy - I guess there's
> not a lot to discuss.

Policy is a separate matter. This is more about convenience/maintainability.

I use Quickbook now and I like that I do not have to generate the
documentation myself and keep the generated .html files in my repository.
All that lives in the repository is my .qbk content. Many other
authors/maintainers also do this.

If Sphinx was supported similarly, and I had the choice between Quickbook
and Sphinx, I'd probably move to .rst from .qbk.

Glen