Subject: [boost] Interest in adding support for the Bloomberg Standard Library
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-27 16:40:55

Bloomberg has its own C++ standard library, BSL, which sits on top of
another standard library but replaces containers with their own versions.
The BSL containers are somewhat similar to Boost.Container's: they
provide stateful allocators, as well as backport some C++11 extensions
to C++03.

Before I make all the necessary changes and do a pull request, I would
like to make sure the Boost community would be ok in including support
for this in Boost.Config.
This library is fairly specific to one company and not used much
elsewhere, despite being open-source
(<https://github.com/bloomberg/bde>). We are also trying to phase out
usage of this library with the 'std' namespace (it can be configured to
use the 'bsl' namespace instead), but that's likely not going to happen
anytime soon.

As part as providing support for this in Boost, we would also be
providing testers, mostly on big iron unix (AIX-powerpc, SunOS-sparc).

Any interest?