Subject: Re: [boost] [AFIO] Review (or lack of it)
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-29 10:31:23

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015, Niall Douglas wrote:
> Ok, seeing as you're the second person to have a problem with this,
> what I can do is add the source code to the special #if 0 filtering
> tool which strips out the #if 0 blocks into a special pristine boost
> only branch.

For me, long #if 0 blocks or /* commented out code are create a feeling of:
- Inconvenience: It may as well not even be code in there; it could be
a giant wall of text that starts with "Call me Ishmael." I just want
to skip past it.
- Doubt: About the quality or state of completeness. As if I was
reading a paper with the author's annotations about things that yet
need to be changed or fixed.

The feelings are stronger still if it's in the documentation examples
since they're more visible than the implementation.

Glen