Subject: Re: [boost] [AFIO] Review (or lack of it)
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-29 09:52:10

On 29 Aug 2015 at 3:30, Rodrigo Madera wrote:

> It's a code smell. AFIO is suposedly a finished library candidate for
> inclusion in Boost. Dead blocks shouldn't be there. Just store the code in
> your computer and get it out of a library that will continuously be
> processed in user code (even if with negligible costs).

Ok, seeing as you're the second person to have a problem with this,
what I can do is add the source code to the special #if 0 filtering
tool which strips out the #if 0 blocks into a special pristine boost
only branch. I have modified the relevant issue at
https://github.com/BoostGSoC13/boost.afio/issues/93.

For the record, I strenously disagree with this viewpoint. It is the
same as claiming that code formatting differences are a code smell.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/