Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Boost.test failures in develop
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-01 17:53:39

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Adam Wulkiewicz <adam.wulkiewicz <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

>>> Why do you want to use C++03 mode?
>> Test is failing from various reasons with any compiler without C++11
>> support. See e.g.:
>> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/geometry.html
> It is almost 2016. How much longer do we plan to test against c++03? I'm
> with Bjarne here: it is time to move to c++11 enabled world - we all going
> to be better for it.

In general I agree with you but the reality is that currently all (or
nearly all?) Boost libraries support c++03 and there are more c++03 test
runners than c++11 ones. Some of our users cannot move to c++11.

Are you saying that the support for c++03 in Test was dropped or will be
in the near future?
If that's the case shouldn't rather another module e.g. Test2 be created
instead?
Now it's a regression, see the Test matrix:
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/test.html. Some
other libraries are affected as well.

> I'll see if anything obvious can be fixed.

Thanks!

Regards,
Adam