Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Boost.test failures in develop
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-04 02:53:30

Adam Wulkiewicz <adam.wulkiewicz <at> gmail.com> writes:

> In general I agree with you but the reality is that currently all (or
> nearly all?) Boost libraries support c++03 and there are more c++03 test
> runners than c++11 ones.

I do not believe so. By my count about 10 out of 50 are c++03.

Some of our users cannot move to c++11.

> Are you saying that the support for c++03 in Test was dropped or will be
> in the near future?

At some near point in a future. I do not have resources to maintain two
branches of the library. Older releases are there forever. Anyone interested
in c++03 compatible version can download it without ny problems.

> If that's the case shouldn't rather another module e.g. Test2 be created
> instead?

Who is going to support old module? I do not have c++03 compatible setup
anywhere.

IMO, we need to make a boost wide decision to stop making c++03 workarounds.
There is no reason to develop new code, which is bound to c++03
compatibility. Anyone interested in old code can use older releases of
boost.