Subject: Re: [boost] git reset and force push
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-07 03:25:02

Le 07/10/15 09:20, Andrey Semashev a écrit :
> On 07.10.2015 02:56, Raffi Enficiaud wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is there any policy wrt. reseting a branch master/develop and force
>> pushing? The side question is to know if the boost git tools (the bot
>> for submodules) can cope with those operations.
>
> Please, don't do this. It breaks pulling changes from github.

Ok, this is what I wanted to know. Basically I recreated a develop
branch for boost.test release to develop (then to master) on a clean
history. I wanted to know if the git bot of the modular boost (the one
that commits under the name "Automated Commit
<automated_at_[hidden]>") is able to take just the sha of the
develop branch, or if its relying on some linear history.

You're saying this is not supported. Is that correct? Why not supporting
this? Is it by design?

Best,
Raffi