Subject: Re: [boost] git reset and force push
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-07 11:02:08

On 07.10.2015 16:27, Raffi Enficiaud wrote:

> Since the organization of boost.test is biased by the runners, our
> develop branch will become a kind of release branch (like master for
> other less coupled modules). Our internal develop branch (not called
> develop but something else) will accept force pushes, but this is fine
> since it is not meant to be checked out by anyone but boost.test
> developers.

There's one problem with this approach, if you intend to accept patches
or pull requests. What branch are they supposed to be against? So far
the general rule was to create PRs against develop. Others have
mentioned problems with forks in case when history is rewritten, so
maybe PRs will become unusable.