Subject: [boost] [Hana] Integration with the regression Matrix
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-09 18:05:42

Hi,

With the goal of shipping Hana with the next release of Boost, I am
currently
trying to satisfy the requirement that Hana's testing results show up in the
Boost regression matrix. One way to achieve this would be to have Travis CI
upload the results on each push to master.

To do so, I would need to somehow create an XML file compatible with what
the regression matrix expects. That brings up a few questions:

(1) Is there a way to upload the result of CMake tests to the Boost
regression
    matrix? I suspect something like that might have already been done as
part
    of the (unfortunately defunct) CMake effort?

(2) If not, would it be difficult to implement?

Any input on how to best integrate Hana's testing results with the rest of
Boost's regression testing will be greatly appreciated.

Also, before someone suggests using Boost.Build: I have been looking at the
possibility of maintaining a separate Jamfile. However, the need to maintain
two separate build systems is annoying, so I'd like to avoid it if possible.
I also think that Travis-based testing could provide a better coverage for
Hana than the voluntary testers given the need for cutting edge compilers,
but I could be wrong.

Regards,
Louis