Subject: [boost] Policy for individual library versioning
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-15 11:19:40

Hi,

I wonder whether there is a policy for how to version individual Boost
libraries. Should individual libraries follow their own versioning scheme,
or should they stick to the Boost versioning scheme?

For example, Hana is currently in v0.4 and following Semantic Versioning[1].
I am wondering whether I should change Hana's version to 1.60.0 when it will
be released with Boost 1.60.0, and from then on follow that versioning scheme
(and drop Semantic Versioning, which I'm OK with). Hence, I would bump to
1.61.0 when Boost 1.61.0 is released, and so on. The other option is to
stick with my current versioning scheme and simply document the correspondence
between Hana vA.B.C and Boost vX.Y.Z.

Is there any agreed-upon way to handle this?

Regards,
Louis

[1]: http://semver.org