Subject: Re: [boost] [Hana] Transferring repository to boostorg on GitHub
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-15 11:43:45

Rene Rivera <grafikrobot <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot <at> gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > [...]
> >
> > 1. Yes, get added as a member of Boostorg github organization.
> >

> Forgot to say you do that by posting an issue here <
> https://github.com/boostorg/admin/issues>.

Thanks, seems like we're done with this already!

> > 2. Give one of the boostorg owners admin rights to your hana repo.
>
> And you'll be able to see the owner list here <
> https://github.com/orgs/boostorg/people?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=role%3Aowner+>

I don't have the option to give "admin rights" to my GitHub repository. All
I see is that I can transfer ownership to someone else, or to an organization
inside which I have admin rights. I can also add "collaborators", but that
seems to only give push access.

As documented here [1], the way to transfer from a user to an organization is
to give temporary admin rights within the organization to the owner of the
original repository, and then the original owner can move the repo's ownership
to the new organization. Isn't it what we should do?

Regards,
Louis

[1]: https://goo.gl/BJtizq