Subject: Re: [boost] Beginner Request for Contributing to Boost Library
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-15 19:48:11

Le 15/10/15 15:31, Arafat Khan a écrit :
> Hi Respected Sir/ Mam,
> I am Arafat Dad Khan, an undergraduate student at Indian Institute of
> Technology, Kharagpur.
> I wish to contribute to the Boost Library (Specifically Graph and Data
> Structures).
> I have decent knowledge of Algorithms and Data Structures and have
> consistently taken part in algorithmic competitions on websites such as
> Codechef and Spoj(Sphere online Judge ) you can view my profile here
> http://www.spoj.com/SPOJ/users/adk/
> I am very new to open source, And i just need someone to guide me so that i
> could focus on the right areas to contribute. I am very comfortable with
> C++ language and learning complicated algorithms is great fun to me.
>

> Can anyone please tell me the ways in which i could contribute?
Hi and welcome to the Boost comunity

The open source Boost library is in someway particular as it is seen as
a collection of libraries maintained by different authors. Anyone can
become the author of a library, after a successful review of the
proposed library.

I suggest you to participate in this and the user mailing lists giving
your advice when you consider is pertinent.
Read as much as possible in http://www.boost.org/ and in particular

http://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html
http://www.boost.org/development/bugs.html
http://www.boost.org/development/pull_requests.php
http://www.boost.org/development/testing.html

if you want to contribute.

You can find other useful link at the wiki
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki

> If this is not the right place to ask newbie questions please tell me where
> i could ask the my questions.
This is the right ML.

Vicent