Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits][multi_index][msvc-7.1] problems with is_const in VC 7.1
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-18 05:29:14

On 17/10/2015 11:00, Joaquín M LópezMuñoz wrote:
> May I abuse your patience and ask you for one more test? What happens
> if we add a dummy int* = 0 argument to one of the overloads so that
> the signature is different? Does MSVC still fail to look up things right
> when the class is used (as opposed to defined)?

If a dummy "int * = 0" is added to the second overload all tests except
serialization related ones pass ok.

Serialization is just missing some Interlocked functions from
smart_ptr/detail/sp_interlocked.hpp

basic_iarchive.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__InterlockedDecr
ement referenced in function "public: void __thiscall
boost::detail::sp_counted_
base::release(void)" (?release_at_sp_counted_base_at_detail@boost@@QAEXXZ)
basic_oarchive.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__InterlockedDecr
ement

I have a patch for it and with both patches all multi_index tests pass.

Best,

Ion