Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and auto_ptr (was Boost 1.60.0 beta 1...)
From: Artyom Beilis (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-10 09:47:04

>> Note that you will have to switch at some point as MSVC developers are

>>> planning to remove auto_ptr from the standard
>>> library at some point.
>>

>> Do you have a link saying so? That's quite unfortunate stance, indeed.
>
> I think, this is the relevant announcement:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2015/04/29/c-11-14-17-features-in-vs-2015-rc.aspx
>
> """

Does it disturb only me?

    http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2014/n4190.htm

I don't see ANY reason whatsoever to break existing code unless the
use of some code opens some critical security bugs like gets() for
example.

Telling the entire C++ community you don't have X any more because
you have Y which is better and break millions lines of code
just because.

I think this proposal is totally disconnected from real world.

I'd recommend anybody who actually has access to standard committee
scrap this proposal and kill it without mercy.

There is no reason to break unbroken code.

Artyom