Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and auto_ptr (was Boost 1.60.0 beta 1...)
From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-10 13:59:32

[Mateusz Loskot]
> I think, this is the relevant announcement:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2015/04/29/c-11-14-17-features-in-vs-2015-rc.aspx

> BTW, I have been asking about _HAS_AUTO_PTR_ETC support too
> http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2015/09/84965.php

[Andrey Semashev]
> There was also this discussion here:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/258501

I still want to make this change for the next major version of VC, and having Boost migrated will help with that (as we've harnessed Boost in our tests).

Note that unary_function/etc. also need to be migrated, as _HAS_AUTO_PTR_ETC=0 controls everything.

(And yes, we're aware of some MS libraries that need to respect the option; PPL is being fixed, and I know my collection.h is also using unary_function.)

Thanks,
STL