Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and auto_ptr (was Boost 1.60.0 beta 1...)
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-11 12:20:02

On 11 November 2015 at 11:05, Artyom Beilis <artyomtnk_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm using Ubuntu LTS 14.4 (a distro one year old with long support) and
> gcc-4.8
> does not support regular expressions yet!

If you are using a compiler from two years ago, why do you care? Older
compilers and their corresponding libraries will have auto_ptr.

> At another place I'm using up-to-date RHEL 6.x... it comes with gcc-4.4
> and guess
> what is C++11 support level is there?

If you are using a compiler from six years ago, why do you care? Older
compilers and their corresponding libraries will have auto_ptr.

> So removing very useful stuff that isn't really that bad and that is
> used in library interfaces (so its removal breaks APIs) it what is
> what Linus Torvalds would say "brain damaged" decision.

Linus is, of course, entitled to his opinion.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404