Subject: Re: [boost] Status of the CMake-ification
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-16 22:14:35

> I'd like to inquire about the status of the CMake-ification of Boost that
> had
> been started a while ago. AFAICT, the effort is completely stopped now; is
> this correct?

seems so :(

> Also, I'd like to poll the community to gauge interest in the rebirth of
> such
> an effort. __I'm not proposing myself to work on such a rebirth__, but I'm
> just curious to know what the community thinks about it. I, for one, would
> love to see it happen.

it would be pretty amazing if a boost cmake project could be organized
in a way, so that i can simply be included into other cmake projects and
the required boost libraries would be built on demand (i'm currently
doing this in two independent projects for a subset of boost, though i'm
not sure if this could be a good generic workflow ...

cheers,
tim