Subject: Re: [boost] Status of the CMake-ification
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-17 00:01:39

On 11/16/15 3:46 PM, Louis Dionne wrote:
> Dear Boost,
>
> I'd like to inquire about the status of the CMake-ification of Boost that
> had
> been started a while ago. AFAICT, the effort is completely stopped now; is
> this correct?
>
> Also, I'd like to poll the community to gauge interest in the rebirth of
> such
> an effort. __I'm not proposing myself to work on such a rebirth__, but I'm
> just curious to know what the community thinks about it. I, for one, would
> love to see it happen.

There's no reason you can't do it for your own library. The
serialization library includes a CMake directory which I use to build
and debug the library. It's not very hard and it doesn't conflict with
the boost build system. Also not that in the incubator I describe way
to set up CMake so that one doesn't have to sprinkle CMakeList.txt files
all over the place so it's really non-intrusive.

On the other hand, boost build does somethings that CMake can't do. So
making a CMake file doesn't get one off the hook for making the bjam file.

Robert Ramey