Subject: Re: [boost] Status of the CMake-ification
From: Rashad M (mohammedrashadkm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-18 16:11:18

Hello all,

If BJam is doing the job very well, we don't want to have it replace or
make a co-existing cmake build.

I was thiniking of:
Have a CMakeLists.txt on the boost source dir.
This will build and configure first bjam and then build boost via
ExternalProject
and creates cmake's imported targets based on how bjam is configured.

so i have a cmake target "boost-signals" and when i do make boost-singals
it uses bjam.

The bjam configure file can generated based on cmake variables
-DWITH_BOOST*=ON/OFF and flags

This way boost can use the cmake features like IDE, Generators etc.. and
can limit maintaining cmake files for each and every boost library.