Subject: Re: [boost] Status of the CMake-ification
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-20 09:40:32

> Louis Dionne wrote:
>
> > Thanks to everybody for the comments. I, for one, think that a first
> step
> > can
> > be achieved by providing a CMake build system for new libraries, and
> > slowly porting old libraries to CMake (without removing the old
> > Boost.Build, of course). One thing that I also find useful is to provide
> > a FindXXX.cmake module for my library, so it can be used as an external
> > dependency to any CMake-based project quite easily.
>
> That's the wrong thing to do. Provide XXXConfig.cmake instead. See my
> other
> mail in this thread for more.
>
> https://cmake.org/cmake/help/git-next/manual/cmake-packages.7.html

What I find really handy is to be able to manage dependencies on a
per-project
basis. What FindHana.cmake does is try to locate the library on the system,
and install it locally to the project otherwise. This way, one simply has to
grab the FindHana.cmake file, put it in the CMAKE_MODULE_PATH and that's it.
Is it possible to achieve the same thing with a config-file package?
Is it not a good idea to do what I'm doing?

Regards,
Louis