Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in an LLVM library?
From: Andy Jost (Andrew.Jost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-20 13:32:43

Ben Pope wrote:

> is there any overlap with the reflection proposals from SG7, at least from an API point of view?

There could be some similarity. For example, the library could provide an enum facility like this:

        enum_ e("a", 1, "b", "c");
        assert(e.size() == 3);
        assert(e.get("a") == 1);
        assert(e.get(1) == 2);

There's no need for enum_traits or enumerators, since we have the object e.

Regarding class_traits, the LLVM code representation is approximately a platform independent assembly language. So, no inheritance, virtual functions, or templates. That's why I chose to create an EDSL for a C-like language. class_members could be relevant, though.

-Andy