Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in an LLVM library?
From: Andy Jost (Andrew.Jost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-22 14:10:26

Avi Kivity wrote:

> I hope the "runtime library" you refer to is in some intermediate representation, having been partially compiled
> from C++ when the product is built, and then inlined into the generated code during JIT time.
> I'd hate to run the full C++ compiler during JIT time.

Yes, it is exactly this way. It is easy to compile a runtime library written in C or C++ into a library of LLVM code. See https://github.com/andyjost/Sprite-3/blob/master/runtime/sprite-rt/C/Makefile for an example.

You may also be interested in linking compiled C++ and LLVM code generated by the EDSL into a single runtime library before the user code is available. See these files:

        https://github.com/andyjost/Sprite-3/blob/master/runtime/sprite-rt/llvm/Makefile
        https://github.com/andyjost/Sprite-3/blob/master/runtime/sprite-rt/Makefile

-Andy