Subject: Re: [boost] ATTENTION: Library requirements..
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-07 05:53:22

Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes:

> A few observations
>
> [...]
>
> f) javescript.
>
> I thing the admonitions agains java script should be softened. Most of
> the concerns existent when the document was originally written don't
> apply to day. I would like to see our html documentation support thinks
> like syntax coloring, running example code online, and the like. These
> things are often supported via injected javascript.

+1

I think JavaScript should be allowed, and even encouraged when it makes the
documentation much superior. For example, Hana uses JavaScript to integrate
performance benchmarks to the documentation in a nice way.

Plus, all major browsers support JavaScript now, so I see this restriction
as being outdated.

Regards,
Louis