Subject: Re: [boost] ATTENTION: Library requirements..
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-07 13:21:35

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> A few observations

[cut]

b) Organization. It's not clear whether or not files/directories besides
> the one's listed are permitted. For example I have in the serialization
> library
>
> /utility
> Jam scripts shared by other directories
> /performance
> Benchmark testing programs. Otherwise looks just like test
> /CMake
> CMake scripts to build the serialization library
> /doc/
> html/
> html documentation
> boostbook/
> xml files to create html docs
>
> May I presume that including these is not a problem? They
> don't conflict with any thing you've previously listed.

Still allowed. But.. I, as in personally, reorganize that to remove the
extra top dirs :-)

For example:

/util
    * Move to /build/util
/performance
    * Move to /test/performance
/CMake
    * Move to /build/cmake
/doc/boostbook
    * Rename to /doc/src

But that's all just my personal preference.

c) Building Documentation

> I would need a better example to figure this out.
>
> BTW one boost library should be selected as the "golden" or canonical
> example so that it can be used as an example for others to follow.
> Responsability for maintaining this is the "perfect" state would fall to
> the person responsable for keeping things running. The idea would be that
> someone complains that they can't figure this thing out (normally me), You
> can just point to the "golden example" and say do it this way.

I'm making my Predef library be that "golden" example. By commenting the
source to illustrate the requirements. But since my lib doesn't have source
it may not be the best.

[cut]

Basically, I'm impressed that this is a fairly conservative document which
> doesn't require and major changes for anyone who has been trying to follow
> the rules all along.

We've always been careful to accommodate.

As for the "[cut]" parts of your post.. I would suggest starting new
threads for specific subjects (license, javascript, etc.). As I was only
asking about the parts I changed in this. I.e. the structure/integration.

Hope this helps make your job easier.

Meh ;-) What would make it easier is doing PRs when there's consensus for
other changes.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything