Subject: Re: [boost] ATTENTION: Library requirements..
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-07 14:12:34

On 1/7/16 10:21 AM, Rene Rivera wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> A few observations
>>

> [cut]
>
> Still allowed. But.. I, as in personally, reorganize that to remove the
> extra top dirs :-)
>
> For example:
>
> /util
> * Move to /build/util
> /performance
> * Move to /test/performance
> /CMake
> * Move to /build/cmake
> /doc/boostbook
> * Rename to /doc/src
>
> But that's all just my personal preference.

Hmmm- I took pains to be sure that I didn't conflict with any of
your stuff. That's why I didn't want to put anything into your
directories. I still think that's a good idea.

doc/src ... Hmmm - some people use markdown, etc.

It's unclear to me whether you're going to specify that it
be a requirement that there be a bjam file if and only
if boost book is used. Or maybe you want to try
to require that every doc/src include a jamfile
to produce the html in accordance with the contents
of doc/src.

Personally, I'm ok if you want to mandate doc/src and
a jamfile if possible. But I doubt it would be popular.

> [cut]
>
> Basically, I'm impressed that this is a fairly conservative document which
>> doesn't require and major changes for anyone who has been trying to follow
>> the rules all along.
>>

> We've always been careful to accommodate.

Actually, I think you've been too accomodating. I think you'd be
better off making sure you have the absolute minimum requirements you
can live with - but then insisting on these being respected. Easier
said than done I know.

> As for the "[cut]" parts of your post.. I would suggest starting new
> threads for specific subjects (license, javascript, etc.). As I was only
> asking about the parts I changed in this. I.e. the structure/integration.

LOL - I just followed the link to the whole page. I didn't know which
parts you changed.