Subject: Re: [boost] ATTENTION: Library requirements..
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-07 17:52:23

Sounds a good idea to me, but let's see what John Maddock thinks too.

> 1. It serves the users who want to easily view documentation for a given library's repository.
(They can
> clone that documentation branch).

If there are (and there should be) links to the include and examples folders, then these updated
version are needed too.

> 2. It doesn't require us to put generated documentation output in our main development branches.

For cooperative working on Boost.Math, I found this very tiresome indeed. it made it impossible to
see the wood for the trees.

> 3. It might even allow you support things like: "If <library> has 'docs'
> branch, don't require it to have a root level index.html."

It would allow anyone who wants 'developing' documentation updates to get them without having to
build the toolchain to get an updated version - something that I've been kludging round by putting
the built docs (and the other updated folders) on my personal Dropbox. I'd prefer to stop doing
that.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow