Subject: Re: [boost] ATTENTION: Library requirements..
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-10 22:03:10

Forgot to say..

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 4:51 PM, Louis Dionne <ldionne.2_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> People can browse the documentation online, which does not require any
> additional setup. I would posit that 95% of new users use the online
> documentation, and they don't use the offline documentation anyways.

That rationale has made me angry more times than I can count. I do a lot of
my Boost work offline. In particular on the train to/from my day job.
Specifically I mostly do test results web site work with Google App Engine.
And it's infuriating that Google decided that no one works or reads docs
offline. Even when faced with the repeated bug reports and feature requests
to provide offline docs for GAE (and they aren't alone in the web dev realm
in this behavior). I had to resort to web scraping their doc web site (with
limited success).

Just a data point though ;-)

--
-- Rene Rivera