Subject: Re: [boost] ATTENTION: Library requirements..
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-11 12:04:29

On 1/11/16 8:36 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> Navigation*should* be as easy in PDF as HTML. It is if generated using Quickbook. All the links
> should be there (if a little less visible).

It would be possible to make an xslt transform which would create a
"navigator" from the BoostBook XML. To my mind, this would be very
useful and very robust. In theory, it should be easy. In practice - not
so much. I would love to see someone do this.

Another thing would be for library authors to invest the effort to
understand and use boost autoindex. This would be the definitive
solution to the "finding" problem. It works with the BoostBook XML
so it would work across all renderings - pdf, html, epub - whatever.
Unfortunately, it is one more hill to climb. On the other hand, it is
very well documented and explained.

Robert Ramey