Subject: Re: [boost] ATTENTION: Library requirements..
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-11 13:26:47

Sadly, despite implementing this for Boost.Math and others, I don't find that it is the definitive
solution.

It indexes all the class and functions etc automatically, and that's a good start, but relies on
author input to the index.idx file to add other search terms.

And even then, if you don't have the same expectation as to the name of something as the author,
then you still won't find it.

Eating my own dogfood, as it were, to find things in Boost.Math, I don't find it as good as I had
hoped.

I find that I too often end up doing a global search of the PDF.

And the index can become massive and slow to scroll and scan.

But it's one more weapon...

Paul