Subject: Re: [boost] QuickBook generate table of references?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-27 05:47:59

QuickBook
> syntax and the final output document, my mental model has a big "then a miracle occurs" cloud.
>
> Will someone please show me how this is achieved? Thank you!

I recommend using Doxygen and marking up the include files containing the methods/functions using
the Doxygen Syntax http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/manual/commands.html.

You can then use also Boost Autoindex to get an index of all methods (and classes etc).

Getting set up to build docs is a bit tiresome, but works slickly once set up.

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted

to get the flavour of what you get, you can see some unfinished work in progress:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43940943/modular-boost/libs/fixed_point/doc/index.html

Some typical Doxygen syntax comments (starting with /*!) are in this file, for example

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43940943/modular-boost/libs/fixed_point/include/boost/fixed_poin
t/fixed_point_negatable.hpp

If you are fumbling (I did) with the setup, contact me off-list. I can provide a dummy docs that
will allow you to check that all is working right before altering your real project files.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse