Subject: Re: [boost] [ANN] build2 - C++ build toolchain
From: Boris Kolpackov (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-04 09:42:31

Hi Vladimir,

Vladimir Prus <vladimir.prus_at_[hidden]> writes:

> could you consider using name that's not 'build2'?

I honestly don't see how 'build2' (always spelled in lower case, no space
between 'build' and '2') can be confused with 'Boost.Build 2', I think
that's a bit of a stretch.

For the 'b2' logo (and that's only place we use 'b2' -- our executable
name is called 'b' and we always call the project 'build2'), yes, you
may have a point. But, again, confusing a logo with an executable name,
I don't know... We will probably change/stylize the logo at some point
so it will hopefully be even less confusing.

Boris