Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.TypeTraits build failures
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-07 17:52:49

On 7 Feb 2016 at 17:02, John Maddock wrote:

> > Windows Phone/Metro is still broken unfortunately. I have little
> > experience in that target so I can't say as to the cause, but it
> > could be the tooling is less permissive than before so Boost.Build
> > etc needs upgrading to match.
> >
> > https://ci.nedprod.com/view/Boost%20Thread-Expected-Permit/job/Boost.T
> > hread%20Build/CPPSTD=c++14,CXX=msvc-12.0,LINKTYPE=shared,label=winphon
> > e8/495/console
>
> What am I looking at, where's the error?

Yes you're right, not an error but some warnings. I have configured
Jenkins to send an email every night if there are any warnings too,
and the warnings reports above look to be valid and the cause is
Boost.Thread's unit tests missing some WinRT specific markup.

> > https://ci.nedprod.com/view/Boost%20Thread-Expected-Permit/job/Boost.T
> > hread%20Build/CPPSTD=c++14,CXX=msvc-14.0,LINKTYPE=shared,label=winphon
> > e8/495/console
>
> Could this be related to
> https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d8980415-9542-475e-8da9-1a4ef036e8c3/fatal-error-c1107-could-not-find-assembly-windowswinmd?forum=winappswithnativecode
> ?

Looks very plausible.

Apparently according to that Boost.Build needs to stop specifying /ZW
on Windows Phone or something?

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting