Subject: [boost] [Fit] Announcing Fit's formal review (March 2nd)
From: paul Fultz (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-08 11:02:50
Dear Boost community,
The formal review of the Fit library starts Wednesday, 2nd
March and ends on 13th March.
Fit is a header-only C++11/C++14 library that provides utilities for functions
and function objects.
- Modern: Fit takes advantages of modern C++11/C++14 features. It support both
`constexpr` initialization and `constexpr` evaluation of functions. It takes
advantage of type deduction, varidiac templates, and perfect forwarding to
provide a simple and modern interface.
- Relevant: Fit provides utilities for functions and does not try to implement a
functional language in C++. As such, Fit solves many problems relevant to C++
programmers, including initialization of function objects and lambdas,
overloading with ordering, improved return type deduction, and much more.
- Lightweight: Fit builds simple lightweight abstraction on top of function
objects. It does not require subscribing to an entire framework. Just use the
parts you need.
Fit is divided into three components:
* Function Adaptors and Decorators: These enhance functions with additional
* Functions: These return functions that achieve a specific purpose.
* Utilities: These are general utilities that are useful when defining or using
Fit has been tested on gcc 4.6-4.9, clang 3.4-3.7, and Visual Studio 2015.
For more information see:
I hope everyone can participate in the review.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk