Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Geometry] Extend spatial predicates to 1D segments?
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-18 17:00:54

Hi Lukas,

Lukas Barth wrote:
> I needed to query the 1D segments in the rtree for overlaps and got a
> nasty looking "not implemented" error when trying to compile.
<snip>
> template <typename Segment1, typename Segment2>
> struct disjoint<Segment1, Segment2, 2, segment_tag, segment_tag, false>
> : detail::disjoint::disjoint_segment<Segment1, Segment2>
> {};
>
> And, more importantly, I did not find a similar piece of code with a "1"
> as third template parameter. Thus, I assume that the 'disjoint'
> predicate is just not implemented for one-dimensional segments.

Yes, that's the correct place.

> I added that predicate for my project, and now I'm wondering whether a
> full set of spatial predicates would be desirable for one-dimensional
> segments.
>
> In other words: If I came up with a patch adding those predicates, would
> it be considered?

Every contribution would be appreciated. :)
If you needed help:
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/wiki/Contribution-Tutorial

With that said, note that in 1D a Segment would be the same as a Box. So
you could store 1D Boxes instead and everything should work fine. AFAIR
all predicates are implemented for ND cartesian Boxes.

Regards,
Adam