Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc16] [Boost.GIL] gsoc idea - further development on Boost.GIL
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-18 16:26:51

On 18 February 2016 at 18:06, Christopher Harpum <mechacrash_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dear Boost,
>
> I'm a student looking to forward a proposal regarding further development of
> Boost.GIL. Namely:
>
> - Cleaning up some bugs / oversights within the current review branch (lack
> of colour-conversion profiles for certain formats, uninitialized values
> resulting in UB for BMP palette alpha channels, etc.)
>
> - Fulfilling additional features and clean-up, as requested during the
> formal review (2010) http://lists.boost.org/boost-announce/2011/01/0281.php

Christopher, I'm happy to welcome of your efforts regarding the review issues.

> I use Boost.GIL extensively within my projects, so I've had a reasonable
> amount
> of time to get accustomed to the code-base and believe this will help me
> achieve these goals.

Sounds great.

> I understand that the project has been undergoing a period of inactivity, so
> I'm not sure whether this proposal would find a suitable mentor, or if it will
> be of interest for a GSOC project.

Perhaps Christian will chime in.

Meanwhile, I confirm GIL needs some help, especially from people who
actually use it. I used to use it and offered myself as the review manager,
but I no longer keep myself up to date with GIL efforts.
Simply, I'm not the GIL guru you may be looking for.
However, if nobody offers mentoring, we may think of some sort of collaboration
in order to move GIL forward :)

Best regards,

--
Mateusz Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net