Subject: Re: [boost] [Experimental Boost.DI] [v1.0.0 released] [Looking for a Review Manager] Your C+14 Dependency Injection library with no overhead and compile time creation guarantee!
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-25 23:36:07

On 25/02/2016 06:50, Kris wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 6:39:52 AM UTC-6, Krzysztof Jusiak wrote:
>> But how does the documentation deal with versioning? When you go back to a
>> previous version how does all the interaction work then? Also, how does it
>> work with offline documentation browsing such as Dash/Zeal?
>
> Thanks. It's a really valid point. Well, chats and comments do not refer to
> any version so, I guess, they are okay. Code to be ran is taken from github
> and is using a specific version, so it's not an issue too.
> Actually, everything is prepared to add a button next to compile button with
> all versions available where
> user can change the version and verify the behavior. I haven't added it yet,
> because I have really one version of the library so far.
>
> Other option is to maintain different versions of the documentation for
> different releases as Boost is doing either way. The only thing which would
> be different is the fact that code examples will point to a specific
> release.

Boost does already maintain separate snapshots of the documentation for
different releases of Boost. Which I think was part of Krzysztof's
point -- what happens when someone browsing the v1.59 docs adds a
comment that something is wrong in the doc, while people looking at the
v1.61 docs see something completely different (possibly already fixed)
and then get confused?