Subject: Re: [boost] [Experimental Boost.DI] [v1.0.0 released] [Looking for a Review Manager] Your C+14 Dependency Injection library with no overhead and compile time creation guarantee!
From: Krzysztof Jusiak (krzysztof_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-26 06:12:31

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 4:36 AM, Gavin Lambert <gavinl_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 25/02/2016 06:50, Kris wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 6:39:52 AM UTC-6, Krzysztof Jusiak
>> wrote:
>>
>>> But how does the documentation deal with versioning? When you go back to
>>> previous version how does all the interaction work then? Also, how does
>>> it
>>> work with offline documentation browsing such as Dash/Zeal?
>>>

>> Thanks. It's a really valid point. Well, chats and comments do not refer
>> any version so, I guess, they are okay. Code to be ran is taken from
>> github
>> and is using a specific version, so it's not an issue too.
>> Actually, everything is prepared to add a button next to compile button
>> with
>> all versions available where
>> user can change the version and verify the behavior. I haven't added it
>> yet,
>> because I have really one version of the library so far.
>>
>> Other option is to maintain different versions of the documentation for
>> different releases as Boost is doing either way. The only thing which
>> would
>> be different is the fact that code examples will point to a specific
>> release.
>>

> Boost does already maintain separate snapshots of the documentation for
> different releases of Boost. Which I think was part of Krzysztof's point
> -- what happens when someone browsing the v1.59 docs adds a comment that
> something is wrong in the doc, while people looking at the v1.61 docs see
> something completely different (possibly already fixed) and then get
> confused?

Yea, exactly. It's a really valid question about comments tho. I was
wondering myself about that and disqus (by default) generates comments per
URL, which means that Boost separate
snapshots would solve that as well because v_1.59 will have separate
comments to version v_1.60, which, I guess, it's what we really want.

Chat, on the other hand, would the same throughout all versions as its
flow, usually, looks like that:
- User: What about feature A?
- Dev: Implemented in v1.62