Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc16] Boost rejected as GSoC 2016 org
From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-02 17:07:38

Niall-

some day we should have a beer together, or a Whiskey, or a glass of
milk. To get past this.

On 16:53 Wed 02 Mar , Niall Douglas wrote:
> On 2 Mar 2016 at 0:02, Andreas Schäfer wrote:
>
> > > Please take your trolling elsewhere. Nobody here appreciates it.
> >
> > Niall, I assure you I'm certainly not trolling nor trying to aggravate
> > anyone. I'm merely trying to offer an explanation for why it might be
> > sensible to spread the funds, based on my own experience with GSoC.
>
> Thanks for the clarification, and had you explained yourself more
> clearly the first time you would not have been told to shove off. The
> way I read it was as if you arrived at a funeral and declared to
> everybody present "it's good this person died, it makes space for new
> people to replace them". That wouldn't be on at a funeral, and it
> wouldn't be on in a reply on this thread, even in the objective
> widest sense it is true and would otherwise find general agreement in
> sentiment.

Funeral? Hey, let's not resurrect the infamous "Is Boost dead?"
thread, ok? ;-) Yes, this is me kidding, trying to lighten the mood.

> I bit harder than usual mainly because of our past interactions where
> you have repeatedly voiced unhelpful, damaging and inappropriate
> observations, none of which resulted in positive outcomes between us,
> and anything you or your cadres write I expect by default now to have
> the worst possible meaning because well, that's where our past
> interactions have rationally brought us to. I actively avoid any
> interaction with any of the Hartmut posse wherever possible, there is
> little more I can actively do on that so long you as a group continue
> to behave the way you do as a group which I find as appalling as I'm
> sure my behaviour is to you.

Appaling? No, that's certainly not what I feel. It's rather
compassion, actually. I realize now that you still believe there was a
"vendetta" being led against you and that there was even a "cadre"
cooperating on this. None of this is true. I and others said this
repeatedly before, so I have little hope you'll believe me this time,
but consider this: cui bono? I, for one, do not enjoy such situations.

Cheers
-Andreas

Andreas Schäfer
HPC and Grid Computing
Department of Computer Science 3
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
+49 9131 85-27910
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
http://www.libgeodecomp.org
(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!