Subject: Re: [boost] [Block Pointer] Benchmarks
From: Phil Bouchard (philippeb8_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-13 17:01:56

On 03/13/2016 01:28 PM, Glen Fernandes wrote:

> I hope to take a look at the block_ptr motivation, design, and
> implementation when I have some time next week. The title of the
> thread caught my attention; "X is 600% faster than Y" always has a
> high excitement potential.

I did some code cleanup again and now block_proxy cannot be instantiated
(less error-prone).

The only thing left to be done is to "lambdafy" the following loop:

for (intrusive_list::iterator<block_base, &block_base::block_tag_> m =
block_list_.begin(), n = block_list_.begin(); m != block_list_.end(); m = n)
{
     ++ n;
     delete &* m;
}

And clean up the comments, generate docs, etc. Then it will be ready
for submission.

Thank you all for your patience, this wasn't so easy to define.

-Phil