Subject: Re: [boost] [Fit] formal review ends today, 13th March.
From: Manu Sánchez (manu343726_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-13 15:37:37

Hi,

I have been checking both the library (I have not used Fit for eight months
or so, so I had to be sure I didn't miss anything) and the review the whole
week, but I haven't had enough time to formalize a review.

My opinion is, as others stated, that Fit is useful (function composition,
lifting, tools, etc) and has quality enough to be incorporated into Boost.
My only concern, first noticed by Louis Dionne IIRC, is that constexpr
lambda objects are not constexpr-evaluated. This may be obvious for experts
like us, but might be a source of misconception for newcomers. Until C++17
fixes this with constexpr lambdas a documentation note clarifying it should
be enough. Of course such a detail is not a reason for rejection, my
opinion is that Fit should be accepted unconditionally.

Hope it helps.