Subject: Re: [boost] [clang][preprocessor] Testing of clang emualting the VC++ preprocessor on Windows
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-05 11:13:49

Andrey Semashev wrote:

> At best you could hope that particular developers interested in MSVC and
> Windows would be eager enough to report bugs to MS, but that is unlikely
> to be the case for every Boost developer.

That's exactly what happened when Microsoft decided to make their compiler
conform to the standard, starting with version 7.1. They gave us a direct
channel to report bugs in the prerelease 7.1 compiler, which we did.

We also introduced BOOST_WORKAROUND to make it easier for compiler vendors
to test their new compilers on Boost without workarounds.

The preprocessor quirks however are a bit different story, as fixing them
will probably break an ungodly amount of code.