Subject: Re: [boost] [CMake] what to do now?
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-14 19:12:17

On 2016-04-15 01:49, Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> On 04/14/2016 04:25 PM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
>>
>> Hmm, I didn't know --help had further parameters, it doesn't follow from
>> this description given in 'b2 --help':
>>
>> --help This message.
>>

> --help alone shows the project specific help
> from the Jamfile.
>
>> Is there a way to see all modules?
>
> --help-internal lists all modules and describes
> the additional argument for --help.

   * --help-internal Boost.Build implementation details.

That description does look discouraging. Strange to look for help on
Boost.Build interface in the implementation details. Perhaps --help
could be documented to mention the argument as well, and --help-internal
could be described as, well, not so internal?

>> Rules?
>
> Only per module.
>
>> Properties?
>
> Nope. I'm not sure that properties had
> been developed yet when the help system was
> written.

Ok, thank you.