Subject: Re: [boost] [CMake] what to do now?
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-15 12:18:54

Louis wrote:
> I must admit having a hard time being imposed something like this, given
> that
> Boost does not support CMake at the moment. I understand the importance of
> satisfying the requirements for Boost.Build (and Hana satisfies them),
> because
> that is how the rest of Boost works. But I don't see why I should be
> imposed
> something w.r.t. CMake, since that is completely unrelated to the Boost
> infra.

The impression I get is that the repositories under boostorg are primarily
intended to support the Boost release process. Until the Boost release
process requires (or supports) CMake, it doesn't matter if the individual
library repositories do not support CMake: i.e. it is still more important
that they adhere to the guidelines.

(You can substitute CMake in the preceding sentence with any other
technology.)

Which means that if you do want to support something like CMake for users of
your library (or yourself) or do anything which involves putting files in
your library's root directory (like CMakeLists.txt) that you would instead:
- Use a separate repostiory (ldionne/hana instead of boostorg/hana)
- Use a separate branch (not 'master' or 'develop') in this repository

Glen