Subject: [boost] [quickbook] Template problems
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-20 17:35:13

I am seeing these template problems with quickbook using the 'develop'
branch:

1) I have a cxxd_templates.qbk file which has this template:

[template power[x y] '''[x]<superscript>[y]</superscript>''']

I include it first in my main .qbk file as:

[include cxxd_templates.qbk]

In another .qbk file, which is also included in my main .qbk file after
the cxxd_templates.qbk I have:

"Despite the fact that there are [power 2..n] possible ..." etc.

but this shows up as is:

"Despite the fact that there are [power 2..n] possible ..." etc.

If I just put the template at the top of that other .qbk file instead
the expansion actually takes place. Why is this ? Is not the template
global to all sections of the doc after it is defined somewhere ?

2) The template above when expanded via [power 2..n] shows x with y
superscripted rather than 2 with n superscripted. Why is this and how do
I get it to work properly ?