Subject: Re: [boost] [boot] using the boost name on unofficial libraries
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-23 13:18:19

On 4/23/16 6:17 AM, Sam Kellett wrote:

> that's kinda my point though. it's using boost's name to say "i am of this
> level of quality" and yet there is no verification of this (such as an
> accepted boost review).

I see you're point - but I don't think it's currently a big problem. The
documentation for libraries review and in the boost library incubator
use a logo which is pretty explicit about "proposed for boost" or "Not
an official Boost Library". If someone were to include the logo in a
way that suggests that it's an official boost library, I'm guessing that
it won't take too much internet shaming to fix the situation. Some
things are just big enough problems to spend any time trying to fix.

Robert Ramey